1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and other identifiers by which you may be directly or indirectly identified or contacted online or offline (collectively, your “personal information”);
- That is about you but does not individually identify you, such as the type of browser you are using, the actions that you take while you visit our Website (including search terms you enter on the Website and web pages you view) and the geographic location of your IP address; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and Website usage-related information such as your IP address, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies, as further described below.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you access and navigate through the Website, and from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers.
A. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or contacting us via the telephone, email or the Website. This includes information you provide when you send questions or comments to us via email or in response to a survey, subscribe to our newsletter or sign-up to receive information and other communications from the Foundation (including regarding our mission and activities). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website; and
- Information that you provide when you make a donation through our Website or otherwise, purchase merchandise from our online store or purchase a ticket to a festival or other fundraiser event we are organizing, sponsoring or promoting. This information could include your email and billing address, telephone number, and payment details (including your credit card information) and other information we need to process the applicable transaction.
B. Information We Collect Using Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and Website usage patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, information recorded on website logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: learn more about how people use our Website; estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences in order to customize our Website according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies; and
- Web Beacons. We, along with our third-party partners, may also use technologies called web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the web beacon was viewed. We and our partners use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Website and in conjunction with cookies to improve the Website and to provide you with more relevant information and content.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To give you access to the Website and its functionality and content;
- To provide you with (a) information regarding our mission and the events and activities that we sponsor, promote and/or organize, and (b) promotional materials regarding the Foundation’s mission;
- To contact you about music-related events, goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- To invite you to support the Foundation through donations and/or the purchase of tickets to events that we are sponsoring or organizing;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided us with the information (such as processing a donation transaction);
- To provide you with information regarding your donations and other transactions with the Foundation;
- To ensure the functionality and usability of the Website, and to install and monitor elements for information security and/or fraud prevention purposes;
- To improve the Website by, for example, learning more about what information users find interesting or useful and analyzing and learning about the Website’s user base as a whole;
- To analyze trends and track users’ movements around the Website and referral websites;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our legal rights;
- To notify you about changes to our Website;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on the Website; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the Foundation collects your information, or otherwise with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To entities that are owned by or affiliated with the Foundation;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Website and our operations. For example, the Foundation may share your information with entities and persons that provide services to the Foundation, including web hosting, web analytics, data analysis, advertising, marketing, accounting and tax preparation services, credit card processing, market research, risk management and other services, software and technologies. Whenever possible, the Foundation restricts the ability of these entities and persons to use information about you that the Foundation provides to them for purposes other than providing services to the Foundation and complying with applicable laws. Please note that personal information of Website users is stored on servers owned by other companies, and in databases that are managed by other companies, but are made available to us through user services or contractual agreements. The Foundation does not sell or license for a fee your personal information. In addition, the Foundation processes credit card transactions through third party payment gateways which are managed by reputable third parties;
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Foundation’s assets, in which personal information held by the Foundation about our Website users is among the assets transferred. If the Foundation makes a sale or transfer of assets to any third party, or is otherwise involved in a merger, acquisition, change of control or asset transfer, the Foundation may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of, or in connection with, that transaction;
- To third parties to market their products or events that relate to our charitable purpose if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information about how to opt-out, please see Section 4 entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Protect and enforce the legal rights of the Foundation, its licensors and services providers, and of the users of the Website;
- Protect the safety and security of users of the Website, and that of the Foundation’s employees, affiliates, agents, licensors and service providers;
- Prevent fraud and for risk management purposes;
- Comply with applicable law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required; and/or
4. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can use the following mechanisms to control and access your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Foundation. If you do not want the Foundation to use your email address and other contact information to promote music-related events, solicit donations or update you regarding events and activities we are sponsoring or promoting, you can opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the applicable electronic communication or by sending us an email stating your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics purposes, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Brower Add-on by clicking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver interest-based advertising, you may visit the following websites to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in each of the programs listed below:
- Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, available at: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/;
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Consumer Opt-Out link, available at http://optout.aboutads.info/; and
- TrustArc’s Advertising Choices Page, available at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provided the information above regarding the Google opt-out link, the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-out link, Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link, and TrustArc’s Advertising Choices page. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
5. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at [email@example.com] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In addition, we may not be able to accommodate a request to delete certain personal information from our records in the event we need to retain such information to comply with applicable law or for business, tax and accounting reasons. By using the Website you consent to our retention of such personal information.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
7. Third-Party Content, Functionality and Services
8. Sensitive Personal Information
We ask that you not send us, and that you not disclose to us, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise. In the event we send you a survey requesting such sensitive personal information, you do not need to answer such questions.
9. Data Security
The Foundation uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in the Foundation’s possession against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, and/or modification or any transactions. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. There is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. For example, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of your data on an iPhone or android or other device or on your Twitter page or on another computer. This is true of all Internet and data transmissions. As a result, while the Foundation strives to protect the information it maintains, the Foundation cannot and does not ensure, represent, warrant or guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to the Foundation or its affiliates (whether through the Website or otherwise, including over email or the telephone).
By disclosing your email address to us for any reason, you are expressly consenting to receive electronic (including email) notice from us in the event of any security breach.
We or our third party payment processors use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry-standard encryption technology for internet transmission of credit card information you provide to us through our Website. When the letters “http” in the URL change to “https”, the “s” indicates that you are in a secure area employing SSL. Also your browser may give a pop-up message stating that you are about to enter or leave a secure area. Using a browser that is SSL capable will ensure that your information is encoded/encrypted when it is sent over the Internet.
10. Children’s Information
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any donations through the Website, use any of interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
If you are a resident of California, USA, under 18 years old and have provided personal information to us, please see Section 5 above entitled “Accessing and Correcting Your Information” for additional information on how you can request that we delete such personal data.
11. International Users
The Website is intended to be used only by persons located in the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please note that any data you provide will be transferred outside the European Union or such other non-United States territory for use by us for any of the purposes described herein. By providing any data to us, and using the Website, you hereby consent to such transfers of your data to the United States and the treatment of such data in accordance with applicable law.
13. Our Contact Information
We Are All Music Foundation, Inc.
4 Norman Rd.
Montclair, NJ 07043